1. ADDRESS: P.O. BOX 62093
00200 NAIROBI, KENYA.
PHYSICAL ADDRESS: 3RD FLOOR WINDSOR HOUSE, UNIVERSITY WAY/MUINDI MBINGU STREET,
OPPOSITE CENTRAL POLICE, NAIROBI
Arch Surveys was founded in 1992. Was originally situated at City Hall Annex in the city center but has since moved to the current more spacious premises.
The core business is Land Surveying and Physical Planning whereby we have participated in helping realize dreams of thousands of Kenyans in owning land with titles. In the built environment we have been able to give several architects and Engineers reliable data on which to base their designs. As for local Authorities and housing institutions we have carried out several site surveys to aid in developing housing estates, site and service schemes.
Our aim is always to satisfy our customers irrespective of their status. Since 2001 we embarked on implementation of GIS database to better serve our customers.
To become among the leading surveying, mapping and GIS consultants in the East African Region.
Personnel Name: Qualifications
Principal Surveyor: B.A. Rabuku Omalla (Mrs.) Bsc. Survey (Hons); Post Grad
Licensed Surveyor, Kenya; Registered Planner, Kenya:
Member of the Institution of
Surveyors of Kenya. M.A Urban and Regional Planning.
Senior Surveyor: Michael Koori BSc. Survey
Senior Surveyor: Savio Ochieng BSc. Geospatial Engineering
Assistant Surveyor Mary Rapando Diploma in Land survey
Assistant Surveyor Gowa Mutengo “
Assistant Surveyor Romana N. Kitusa (Ms.) “
Assistant Surveyor John K. Ndururi “
Assistant Surveyor Lawrence M.Ireri “
Assistant Surveyor Philip Muigai “
Cartographer Agnes A. Owino Diploma in Cartography
Front office staff: Roselyn Odera Secretary
i. 3 Theodolites [2 T2s, 1T16].
ii. 2 Electronic measuring devices. (Total station TC1000 and TC1610)
iii. 2 geodetic GPS PROMARK 120 Receivers with RTK options
iv. 3 computers loaded with several survey and GIS software
v. 3 180m Cadastral measuring bands.
vi. Several Tracking poles.
vii. Several measuring tripods with plum bob.
viii. Several scientific calculators.
ix. Miscellaneous drawing sets and scales.
x. Camping equipment for three survey teams.
xi. 1 Land Rover station wagon.
xii. 1 double cabin Pick-up truck
xiii. 1 Saloon car
xiv. 1 Range Rover
SOME PROJECTS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED:
• FR Nos.221/84 – 92, 238/198, 235/18, 233/60, 233/61. Subdivision of 2346 Acres into over 1600 one acre plots for Drumvale Farmers Co-operative Society in Nairobi. Boundary beacons re-established before subdivision. 1994
Client: Drumvale F.C. Society Ltd. P.O. Box 41976 NAIROBI.
• FR Nos. 243/13 –17, 233/11 – 12, portion M3 Malindi. Planning and subdivision into over 600 plots of 0.4 Ha for the Malindi Municipality. 1995
Client: Malindi Municipal Council.
• FR Nos. 241/82, 241/50,246/116, Kitale Municipality site and service scheme phase II planning and subdivision. Boundary beacons re-established before subdivision. 1993 Client: Kitale Municipal Council.
• Mavoko Town BLK XII and ATHI RIVER BLK 12 over 1600 plots of 5 Acres each from 5000 Ha perimeter survey carried out first. Topographical survey done and machine plots produced before subdivision. Boundary beacons re-established before subdivision. 1994-1995
Client: Drumvale F.C. Society P.O. Box 41976 NAIROBI.
• Topographical survey of Nairobi Club.1993
• Perimeter survey and subdivision of 2000 Ha into 3500 plots for Katelembu Farmers Co-operative Society Ltd. Topographical survey and machine plots done before the ground survey. Boundary beacons re-established before subdivision. 1996-1998.
Client: Katelembu A.M. F. Coop. Society Ltd. P.O. Box 140 MACHAKOS.
• Several Ranch surveys done in Narok district involving Boundary fixing before subdivisions. Most Ranches over 1000 Ha. 1995-1996
• FR Nos. 247/79 – 80: Njiru Nairobi subdivision into 300 plots for Ndirikania Land Buying Company. Boundary re-established before survey. 1997
• Topographical survey, planning and subdivision of LR 8914 Machakos County, area 2000 Acres for Ngelani Ranching into 100 plots. Boundary beacons re-established before subdivision. Client: Ngelani Ranching Unity P.O. Box 233 Athi River
• Topographical survey of 20 Acres in Meru for SOS Children’s Village completed in February 1999.
Client: Vamos International P.O. Box 40493 NAIROBI.
• Topographical survey for future expansion and rehabilitation of MP SHAH HOSPITAL (4 Hectares.) Boundary beacons re-established before survey.
Client: Chani Lall Partnership, P.O. Box 39550 NAIROBI.
• Topographical survey of 80 Hectares in Kitengela Kajiado District for Chuna Housing Co-operative Society Ltd. Boundary beacons re-established before survey. 2001
Client: Chuna Housing Coop. Society Ltd. P.O. Box 30197 NAIROBI.
• Subdivision of 80 Hectares. Into over 800 plots in KJD/KAPUTIEI NORTH/3036 AND 3037 Kajiado District. 2001. Client: Chuna Housing Co-operative Society Ltd.
• Topographical survey, planning and subdivision of 1000 Acres into 200 plots for Marakwet Development Group in Eldoret. 2002
• Planning and subdivision of LR 10201/2 Karen.
Client: Nisha Van Hoek. P.O. Box 35582 NAIROBI.
• Planning and subdivision of LR 209/8861 Industrial area. 2003
Client: Synresins Ltd P .O. Box 18725 NAIROBI.
• Subdivision of LR 330/702 Lavington. 2003
Client: Mr. G. N. Githunguri. P.O. Box 60437 NAIROBI.
• 2004: Boundary and topographical survey of proposed factory site in Kisumu County for Athi River Mining Company.
• 2003: FR Nos.289/18, 293/23, 293/22 planning subdivision of 229 commercial plots for Drumvale Farmers Co. Society in Nairobi/Komarock.
• 2005: Topographical survey of LR.10701/5 in Kijabe Kenya factory site, staff quarters and labour lines surveyed and depicted for planning purposes
• 2005: Topographical survey of LR.209/2182 Arboretum for development of a Hotel. Client: Hima Developers
• 2002-2006: Topographical survey and subdivision of LR. Nos.18040, 22905 and 15298 for Maseno University Retirement Benefits scheme about 265 plots created for development of residential plots for members.
• 2004-2006: Topographical survey of twelve sites for Galole Constituency Development Fund for their development projects. The task involved identifying sites and roads of access and surveying. Client: Galole CDF P.O.Box 41842-00100 Nairobi; Kenya.
• 2006: Topographical Survey of LR. No. 209/9116 in Gravillea Grove in Nairobi for Taj Mal Ltd. For development of a housing estate. Volumes of earth works were also calculated. Boundary and topographical survey was also done for Taj Mall – Embakasi as well as Taj Towers – Upperhill, all in Nairobi.
• 2006-2007; Planning and Subdivision of LR No 20926 in Kisumu into 242 plots for housing development. Client: Mauwwa Women’s Group. P.O. Box 34954, Nairobi.
• 2006-2007: Perimeter survey for setting aside 1500 hectares in Yala swamp for farming for the Dominion Group. Satellite imagery and GIS was used. Client: Siaya County Council.
• 2007-2008: Picking of Ken Gen sites in Garissa for preparation of PDPs, letters of allotment. Survey and preparation of deed plans.
• 2007-2008: Survey of road of access to LR No.12056 over LR. No 13057 For University of Nairobi. Client UON Housing SACCO. Box 30197, Nairobi.
• 2008-2011: Survey of 750 plots for Muyeye Asili Welfare Soc. P.O. Box 5448 in Malindi. Proposed roads and service lines were surveyed.
• 2009: Planning Brief for LR No 1870/II/449 for change of use from residential to offices. This has been passed and the new title is almost ready at Lands office.
• 2010: Preparation of a local physical advisory plan for subdivision of parcel 1189 Kajiado Kisaju into 190 plots. Client: Luore Nyoiro Box 25207 Nairobi.
• 2010: Planning and subdivision of LR No 27791 Mavoko Municipality into 39 plots. Plan is currently at approval stage after getting all comments from relevant authorities. Client: South East Development Company.
• 2011: Preparation of Planning Brief for the change of user on LR No 7158/105 Spring Valley, Nairobi from Single-residential to Multipurpose-dwelling houses. The brief is ready and awaiting further direction from client. Client: John Lynam and Pamela Lynam Box 4440111 00100 Nairobi.
• Aug 2011 to present: Chief surveyor in a consortium for Design of Machakos-Masii Road in Machakos County. Engineering Survey for design of the road, Road reserve survey, controls along the road, acquisition diagram preparation. This was completed in 2012. The data is with the Engineers in the consortium. Lead consultant A.P.C.A. P.O. Box 41198-00100, Nairobi.
• Sept-October 2011: Topographical survey and beacons identification on LR 21081 off Waiyaki way for Pest Control Produce Board. Area 12 acres marked for their headquarters. Project Surveyor. Lead consultant- Fairplan Architects, P. O. Box 8621, Nairobi.
• 2013: Survey of several sites for resettlement of Internally Displaced Persons (IDPS) in Laikipia County. The affected IDPS have been shown their plots.
• Dec 2013 to February 2014: Carrying out Topographical, Engineering Survey for Nyayo Tea Zones Development Corporation in Kirinyaga County. 12 acre site and over 8 km of road and 5 km of water pipeline proposed routes surveyed for design of Gatitu Tea Factory, road of access and water supply from the slopes of Mt. Kenya Forest.
• April 2014 to June 2014; Cadastral and Topographical survey for sites for proposed offices for Kitui County Headquarters in Kitui Town.
• June 2014 to Dec 2014; Involved in a Consortium carrying out feasibility study for the Communications Authority of Kenya on how best to utilize their pieces of Land
• February 2015-June 2015; Survey for Title of 300Ha. of land for Department of Defense Rifle shooting range in Ngong.
• Currently involved in several development planning and surveying projects in several parts of the country.
In the above projects computer assisted mapping techniques were applied. Work in planning and subdivision always involves providing and surveying of roads of access. Many cases involve surrender and preparation of deed plans.
The list is not exhaustive but is an indication of what we have been able to achieve within the last 20 years.